12 Things to Know Before Coming to the Clinic
- Chest X-ray: to assess your baseline at the time of your first visit with us.
- Laboratory work (CBC, CMP, cholesterol, thyroid panel, vitamin levels, urine test, inflammation markers): to assess your current nutritional and medical status
- Spirometry: to assess your lung function at the time of your visit
On subsequent follow-up clinic appointments, you may be asked to regularly obtain the following tests on various clinic appointments:
- Lab (CMP) every 3 months
- Sputum culture every 3 months
- Spirometry every visit
- Chest X-ray every 6 months
Other parking around our clinic is also available such as parking meters (4 to 10 hours and they accept major credit cards and quarters) as well as other parking garages underneath adjacent buildings to the hospital. Please note that if you have a handicap decal, you may use them at the parking meters for free parking.
Center for CF at Keck Hospital of USC
General CF Info & What is CF?
Medication & Equipment
- Bronchodilators (Albuterol) – open the airways to help clear mucus and make breathing easier. They are given before performing ACTs.
- Hypertonic Saline – helps to stimulate cough and to moisten thick mucus in the airways.
- Pulmozyme – helps to thin the mucus so it is easier to cough up.
- TOBI or Colistin – antibiotic that helps to fight infection, this medication should be taken after performing ACTs.